Here are some ideas for handing out tracts during October:
- Fall Festivals
- Public Haunted Houses (Usually a civic group sponsors these)
- See if your city has a "Halloween Express" which is a seasonal costume store and hand them out to people entering and leaving the store.
- Check your city's calendar of events and see if there are any re-enactments of Michael Jackson's Thriller video. Our city has re-enacted "Thriller" for the last few years.
- Then, of course, everyone is thrilled to get these tracts during the Halloween season.
- Goto churches and hand them out if they are hosting a "Trunk or Treat" alternative to typical trick or treating.
- Hand them out with the candy to little trick or treaters. People DO read them because we watched several people stop in the middle of the street and read them to the end.
- Give some to your bank teller. My bank actually like my seasonal tracts. Only a moron would try use a bill with Frankenstein on it for cash.
- Parades your city or town may have. Hand them out up an down the parade route.
This is one of the easiest times to talk about Christ because images of death are all around. If you want to see some experiences I had last year, check out these posts. I posted a 5 part series on the Little Five Points area of Atlanta. Here is the link to part 1. http://chipperfisher.blogspot.com/2008/10/little-five-points-welcome-to-hell.html
Also, another thing you can do is print out some cards yourself from www.deathbeth.com. After you go to the website, click on the button "Tell someone else" on the 2nd page and print some cards to hand out.
You have about 45 days so get some tracts, get ready, and just do it!