Thursday, September 24, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Here are some ideas for handing out tracts during October:
- Fall Festivals
- Public Haunted Houses (Usually a civic group sponsors these)
- See if your city has a Halloween Express which is a temporary costume store and hand them out to people entering and leaving the store.
- Check your city's calendar of events and see if there are any re-enactments of Michael Jackson's Thriller video. Our city has re enacted "Thriller" for the last few years.
- Then, of course, everyone is thrilled to get these tracts during the Halloween season.
- Goto churches and hand them out if they are hosting a Trunk or Treat alternative to typical trick or treating.
- Hand them out with the candy to little trick or treaters. People DO read them because we watched several people stop in the middle of the street and read them to the end.
- Give some to your bank teller. My bank actually like my seasonal tracts. Only a moron would try use a bill with Frankenstein on it for cash.
- Parades your city or town may have. Hand them out up an down the parade route.
I'm sure you can think of several more places to hand them out but just be diligent and DO IT!
This is one of the easiest times to talk about Christ because images of death are all around. If you want to see some experiences I had last year, check out these posts. I posted a 5 part series on the Little Five Points area of Atlanta. Here is the link to part 1. http://chipperfisher.blogspot.com/2008/10/little-five-points-welcome-to-hell.html
Also, another thing you can do is print out some cards yourself from www.deathbeth.com. After you go to the website, click on the button "Tell someone else" on the 2nd page and print some cards to hand out.
You have about 45 days so get some tracts, get ready, and just do it!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
If you have a major university near you, consider handing out tracts there or getting a team together to go actively hit the crowds that are sure to be there. One thing to consider, if you have tickets to the game, you really should get there 2-4 hours in advance NOT to get a good spot, but to witness. Be bold! If you are just going for the game and nothing else, you really aren't being faithful to the Gospel or obedient to the call that we each have on our lives.
An idea that I just got had to do with the day before the game. Go to your local grocery store or major liquor retailer in your area and stuff tracts in the beer boxes the day before or evening before the game. There is always a rush on alcohol purchases right before a game. When I do regular grocery shopping, I usually cram tracts in the beer aisle or let the kids do it but I have never thought to make a concerted effort to target the beer aisle or liquor stores right before a game. I'm sure many others have already figured this out a long time ago, but since I'm not a big sports fan, I never really made the connection.
Friday, September 11, 2009
We're heading for the Deeper conference as we speak! (www.deeperconference.com) This is coming to you from I-75- I love mobile broad band. :) We will be there in about 30 minutes.
Keep everyone in your prayers as we will be heading out after the last session to downtown Atlanta for some evangelism with "The 500."