Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Catching Up

For anyone who regularly keeps up with this blog (all 3 of you), May and June have been a blur. We have traveled and done major home improvement projects which have interfered with me actually sitting down to write about all the wonderful encounters I have had. My family and I shared the Gospel in the Capital city of our state during a festival, at Ichthus, at a Hispanic Outreach and each encounter has sharpened me. I look forward to sharing these. Then I ran into technical difficulties. Translation: I'm just not sophisticated with technology and have tried for a month to get the pictures off of my phone and edit some videos. Pathetic, I know.

But one thing is for sure, I have a continued passion for the lost and make time to share my faith frequently and regularly. Since August of 2008, I have looked for and taken advantage of more opportunities to share my faith then I have collectively over my whole life. I have learned so much and each time I open my mouth to a stranger my mouth is dry and my heart is pounding in my throat, but I am driven in knowing that unless they know Christ they will be eternally punished.

That thought horrifies me.

Don't mistake for a second that I think that I have anything to do with the saving of the lost. But, for some crazy reason the God of the Universe has decided to use faulty human beings sharing the Gospel as the means by which many will come to a saving knowledge of Him. I don't try to understand or figure it out but I just try to obey.

I pray for all Christians who are reluctant to share their faith. Try to picture for a moment that you saw people driving along a road and you knew that the bridge was washed away and a 1000 foot drop awaited them. It would be unconscionable to not warn them if you had the ability to do so. Now, keep that thought in mind and go out and share the Gospel with a dying world!

No comments: