Sunday, January 25, 2009

Law & Grace in under 8 minutes


I had the privilege to share the Gospel at an Upward Basketball game on Saturday, January 24, 2009. I shared the Gospel two times during the halftime of each game. In the gym and standing in the doorways were approximately 110 people at the first game and 156 at the second game.

The task: give my testimony in under 8 minutes. This is what the Lord allowed to come out of my mouth.


If this bar doesn't work, try this link: http://www.archive.org/details/UpwardBasketball1-24-09 . When you get to the audio website click on the "7.5 MB" link under the Windows Media heading in the table.

If you have just happened upon this website by chance, listen to this recording and if you are a Christian, but you struggle with habitual sin you can't dismiss that by believing if you're highly involved in church that you're fine. I urge you please, examine yourself in light of God's Holy Word. Read the book of 1 John and the whole book of James and even Galations. Do you have any fruit in your life? Don't say you are saved and have a relationship with God if you still have the same patterns in your life. You need a new relationship with sin- you need to turn your back on it.

If you are not a Christian, I urge you to listen carefully and ask yourself, "If I died tonight, when I stand before God (and you will stand before God whether you believe He exists or not) what will I hear?" Will you be welcomed home into heaven or will you be sentenced to hell?

You may not be able to see in the photo, but my shirt says, "WARNING: Plugging your ears won't change the truth."

2 comments:

Karen said...

Way to go sister!! Love the shirt!

dede said...

ahhhhhhh, the Gospel is a beautiful thing to hear. i never get tired of hearing the words of a willing saint declare to a lost and dying world the cure to death.

kudos sister, kudos!!