Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oh, so Thankful

I cannot begin to express how thankful I am to live in a country where, for now at least, I am able to speak freely to whomever I want wherever I want about the indescribable reprieve given to me by God through his provision of Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that I am able to travel from state to state and not have to face border agents, military, or fear of travel. I am thankful that we are able to freely assemble without fear of arrest. I am thankful that I am able to proclaim the Gospel to anyone I encounter.

I could go on and on for days about how many ways God has been blessed me and my family throughout this year especially. Please remember our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, around the world that are facing persecution and death for Jesus Christ as we eat turkey with our families in the comfort of our homes. We are so blessed and I am oh, so thankful!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Amen! I hope you all had a great trip.

Lauren said...

I've just been reading your blog and it's awesome!

I'm a new christian and I've been having such a hard time sharing my faith I've almost given up on it! The fear kills me every time.

I had a chance to witness to a beautiful man last night but I couldn't do it! The opportunities stare me in the face and I choke every time.. I actually left in tears knowing that this 90 year old man probably won't get another chance to hear the gospel and I failed to give it to him. God have mercy on me!

What's even worse is our church does little to no evangelism and it drives me insane!! There is no-one to learn from and no teams to join to go out and practice with.

It breaks my heart and even worse is my inability to press forward alone.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated.