Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just show them we love them

I was working with some friends today. I don't doubt they are Christians at all. But, when talking about the movie "Fireproof," I told them I was thrilled that they proclaimed the Gospel in the movie. I said we need these types of opportunities to tell others about Christ.

The one friend said, "I just think that if you're really nice to people and just live your life for Jesus then they will see. I get tired of people talking about hell and stuff. I just don't think you need to do that to people."

The other friend agreed. I just bit my tongue. This was neither the time nor the place to help them "see the light" that we are obligated to open our mouths. I will be praying the Lord softens their hearts and for an opportunity to tell them of their responsibility to engage in frequent evangelism.

No comments: