Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Creative Gospel Tracting Series

Department Stores


My dear friend, Sherri Lee, came on this fishing trip with me to the mall yesterday. This was her first trip and she had never done anything like this. I shared creative ways to place tracts when out and about. I know she didn't fully know what to expect when we went out, but what a fishing trip this turned out to be!

I like to drop tracts pretty much anywhere, but they seem especially appropriate in stores. The wallet tracts from www.livingwaters.com are very realistic.

When you get ready to drop them make sure you open it all the way and fold it backwards on itself just once before closing it again so that when it is on the ground it is not totally flat. You want the top edge to pop up a little to give it the 3-D effect. I learned the hard way that if you pull one of these out of your pocket or purse and haven't set it so that it pops up, it looks like a flat piece of paper on the ground and it's not very convincing. It also was so flat that it slid under the display case. You want it to attract attention; you want it to be found.

Drop them in both conspicous and inconspicuous locations like the edge of displays or near walls and right in the middle of the aisle. They are sure to get someone's attention.

You can also stuff them in the pockets of clothing. During the fall and winter, is especially fun because all the winter coats are out. Go through and stuff some in all the pockets of an entire rack of clothing. Just think of all the seed that is being scattered!


It's always fun to add a little irony by dropping a wallet near a display of wallets. You can see how it pops up and looks convincing. Remember, your shopping is always to be secondary.

Try dropping them in office supply stores, craft stores, department stores, airport gift shops, chain stores like Wal-mart and Target. I think you get the picture.

If you really want to have fun, go on a hot date with your spouse to a furniture store. As you sit on sofas pretending to decide whether you like it or not, stick a wallet in the cushions. Better yet, the next time he want you to go to the sporting goods store, instead of being bored, think of all the possibilities! The possibilities are limitless!

So many shoes, so little time!

This was the first tract that my children ever had experience with. Remember, Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." My children have been dropping these on the ground since they were 4 or 5 years old. It's so important to train them from a young age. I don't want my children to be raised in the church their whole lives and be in the their 30's before they share the Gospel with someone like I did. Children are naturally egocentric. Teach them from a young age to think of others and be Kingdom minded.

1 comment:

VangyBlue said...

I love doing that, my parents too, LOL. I always find new places to leave them in stores!

BTW, could you add my tract to your "Tract" page? www.YourMomentofTruth.com which is based on the tv show with the lie detector. Its great for leading into the good person question. ><>