Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Million Dollar Dilemma


Well, I did it. I sent a letter to a complete stranger telling them about Christ. I read an article in our local paper about a month ago about the largest Powerball winner in history. This picture does not look like the face of a happy man.

He wishes that it would all go away because he has lost everything- his high school sweetheart wife (divorced), granddaughter (died)- except his money. He was already a millionaire before winning because he was a successful business man. He's given to his church and given a lot away but this man (by looking at his picture and reading the article) looked as if he'd lost all hope. I couldn't get him out of my mind for over a month. So I wrote him a letter that said this was probably the first letter he'd received since winning the Powerball that did NOT request money. I even said, "Here is a million dollars to listen to what I have to say," and I taped a $1,000,000 gospel tract right in the middle of the letter. It LOOKS real which is pretty cool. I sent him a copy of the message "Hell's Best Kept Secret" by Ray Comfort and a copy of the book “The Way of the Master.” I just pray that he receives it not only physically but spiritually.

I couldn't get him out of my mind. So, maybe the Lord really wanted him to hear this message. Anyway, pray that this man receives this message in the manner in which it was intended.

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26

"Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death." Proverbs 11:4

No comments: